Friday 22 May 2009

Kay's work experience!


Hi, I'm a textiles student at Bournemouth Art Institute. I am very passionate about coastal living, nature and the environment and wanted to combine these two loves during my work experience placement here with Coastal Creatives. I have been given a project to make ten items inspired by the coast. Rachael and Louise, the owners of Coastal Creatives are also very keen on the enviroment, they are active supporters of Surfers Against Sewage, which I believe is extremly cool, as they always find the time to help and raise money for the campaign as well as be mummys to there children and running a successful business. I wanted to highlight the negative effects of leaving litter on our beaches and the damage this causes to marine life, by designing and making ten hairbands. Each hairband has been made from materials found on the beach such as rope, net, straw, wire, feathers, plastic and shells. An exhibition of my work can be seen in the gallery, so pop in...It has been such a pleasure doing my work experince at Coastal Creatives, and I wish Rachael and Louise all the best and look forward to getting involved in future projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great Kay. Is that your sketchbook also? can't wait to see your work in the flesh!

Holly G