Saturday 1 August 2009

Stacey's Work Placement

Hi there, my name is Stacey and i am a student at the Arts University College Bournemouth studying textiles. I have a real passion for the craft area within textiles and especially unique/bespoke pieces. Another love of mine is the beach so working here at Coastal Creatives was perfect for me! It has been very inspiring to spend my two weeks here at the boutique gallery, I am leaving with a head full of new ideas ready for the second year on my course.

As part of my placement I was set a little brief by Rachael and Louise to design and make a small gift to send away as a press release. I was working on something with a christmas theme as magazines are always ahead of time. I made some lavender cushions using beach imagery but tried to make them feel more wintery with the colours and textures of fabrics that I used.

I have had such an enjoyable time here on my placement and I would like to wish Rachael and Louise the best for the future with their successful growing business.


No comments: