Wednesday 9 September 2009

Sophie's Work Placement

Hi my name is Sophie, i have just finished my first year on the FdA Textiles course at The Arts University College Bournemouth and am really enjoying it. I have recently moved down from Birmingham and am finding sea-side living really inspiring! i love all things handmade and was really pleased when offered a placement at Coastal Creatives.

During my time there i was set a brief by Rachael and Louise where i was asked to design and make a banner representing Coastal Creatives, that was to be used for future fayres and exhibitions.

I created a sketchbook to get my ideas going, collecting postcards and ephemera and taking photographs around bournemouth pier.

My banner was ready in time for the 'vintage fayre' and I felt really proud to see it hanging up representing Coastal Creatives! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, Rachael and Louise are lovely and i wish them all the best for the future, i know they will do well!
x



No comments: